Aadab Doston, Namaste! I was supposed to complete all my pending collaborations in January itself but it took me another month. Finally, it is all done and Desi Drapes is now a non-commercial account. I've declined new barter offers for reasons I explained in my post dated 31st Dec '19. I just have a few more things to share and requests to make :
1. I've invested in an organic cotton saree from @ethicus
and a Sudhakadi saree from @punarjeevana
I bought them at @mslf2020. I will shop for nothing else in 2020 and repeat both the sarees at least 10 times each, this year itself.
2. In 2019 I invested in 2 outfits, a pair of shoes and some Afghan trinkets. Through barter, I received 36 pieces of clothing, 2 bags, 2 pair of shoes and a few trinkets. Keeping this record made me realize that this needs to stop. Before this, my acquisition and purchases were mindless.
3. If you are a friend who is going to meet me sometime in the near or far future, please don't bring a gift. No matter how thoughtful! If you want to give me something, just plant a tree somewhere.
4. Heartfelt gratitude towards all brands who collaborated with me in this journey of nearly three years. I hope I was able to do justice to your product and our association was beneficial for you. In case it wasn't, I'd like to apologize.
5. If you are a business I promised to collaborate with but didn't keep it, please accept my apology. I am sure you will find better people to promote your work.
6. I am not going private just yet but it will happen soon. Please understand that private and public are profile setting options. If one switches from public to private or vice versa it only affects their future followers not the existing ones.
7. I've started writing for a few websites. I'll share the links to those articles and some wordpress blogposts, once in a while, only in my insta-stories. If you have any writing assignments for me, please feel free to DM.
8. If you'd like me to have a talk in your city, please find me a sponsor.
Closing message : Ki dam da bharosa yaar, dam aave na aave! Chhad jhagde te kariye pyaar! Dam aave na aave! (Explained in comments)
Phir milenge! Khayal rakhiye 💐