The Best Beetroot & Chickpea Fritters by @adreskitchen
• 400g Tin of Chickpeas, drained
• 1 Teaspoon Coconut Oil or Neutral Tasting Oil*
• 2 Teaspoons Mustard Seeds
• 2 Teaspoons Cumin Seeds
• 250g Cooked Beetroot (a small bunch) Peeled
• 2 Tablespoons Chopped Coriander
• 2 Spring Onions Finely Chopped
• Zest & Juice of 1 Organic Lemon
• 1 Free Range or Organic Egg (vegans see vegan note *)
(1) 150g Full Cream Yogurt or Vegan Yogurt
(2) Handful of Coriander
(3) 1/2 Green Chilli (seeds removed)
(4) Zest & Juice of 1/2 lime
(5) Salt & Pepper
1. In a food processor add the chickpeas and pulse (don’t leave the motor running) until you have a rough gritty looking paste and tip into a large mixing bowl. We are not making hummus! Lots of bits of chickpeas left is a good sign.
2. For the sauce, blitz all the sauce ingredients in the food processor (same one) until smooth and creamy, season to taste. You might need to add a few drops of water if the consistency is not runny enough.
3. Put a frying pan on the heat with a splash of oil, add the cumin and mustard seeds and fry on a medium heat until the mustard seeds start to pop and the seeds become fragrant, add to the chickpea mixture.
4. The MESSY BIT – Grate the beetroots using the coarse side on your grater, squeeze any excess liquid from the grated beets. Do this in stages by taking a small handful of grated beets into the cup of your hand and squeeze, tip into the chickpea mixture.
5. Add the other fritter ingredients, taste and season generously. The mixture needs to be quite stiff. Using the palms of your hands, place a small amount of the mixture into your hands and shape into small fritters – about 10.
6. Put a little oil into a large frying pan and place onto medium heat, fry about 4 or 5 fritters at a time until golden brown – transfer to a plate lined with kitchen paper and fry the rest of the fritters.
#wednesday #yum #livelifehealthy #healthylifestyle #healthy #delicious
#healthyliving #tastey #chickpeas #beetroot #adventure #adventuretime #explore #livelife #activewear #activelife #gymapparel #gymlife #activeapparel