These last few weeks have definitely been a learning curve for everyone! 📈Some of you are trying to establish a routine for your children, while working from home, and there can be a lot of overwhelming feelings associated with all of this change.🔑We always like to think of a silver lining for everything that we may face.🌞
Practicing daily gratitude is a simple and effective strategy to add to your daily routine. 🙏 Taking 5 minutes to step back and look at the larger picture can make a difference in your mindset, and also remind you to count our blessings. 🌻
We are all in this together, we wanted to express our gratitude to all of you for being so supportive during these times. This is truly a testament of the impact a community can have when we all come together. 🌏
As much as we are trying to navigate our way through this time, we wanted to share a few tips on how we practice gratitude, and how you can practice gratitude with your little ones! 🔍✅
1. Daily Rose, Thorn and Bud 🌹- During dinner time each member of the family can take their turn and share the highlight of their day (the rose), the not so good part of your day (the thorn), and the silver lining that came out of the not so good part of your day (the bud).
2. Thank you cards 📨🖊 - Set up a little craft station and get your children to create some thank you cards that you can send to your neighbours, family, to each other, and maybe your local essential workers.
3. Encourage your little ones to give back 🤗 - If they receive a gift, a compliment or an act of kindness, you can encourage them to pay it forward with something as simple as a thank you card, an act of kindness, or acknowledgement.
4. Set a good example 👩🏫 - Being sincere and saying thank you often will set a great example for your child.
5. And, don't forget to chase the rainbow, even through the rain! 🌈 •
#PROCAREfc #children #parenting #care #school #preschool #toddlers
#ECE #earlychildhoodeducation #teacher #localbusiness #play #learn #playandlearn #myottawa #ottawa #gratitude