😋😋😍😍#kebbehblaban #kebbewithyogurt #middleeasternfood #deliciousrecipes
For the yogurt: - 1kg of cow yogurt
- 1kg of goat yogurt
- 1 Tbsp starch
- 2 tsp salt
- 2-3 cups of cold water
- 1 minced garlic
- 1 Tbsp minced cilantro
For the base meat mixture:
- 3 cups bulgur wheat (fine ground, not coarse)
- 600g kibbeh meat
- 2-3 cups of boiling water
- 1 large yellow onion (grated)
- All purpose spice blend (1 Tbsp cinnamon powder, 1/4 tsp allspice, 1 tsp marjoram, 1 tsp cumin, 1 tsp basil, 1 tsp chili powder, 11/2 tsp salt, 1 tsp nutmeg)
For the filling: - 2 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 600g meat
- 3 large onions (cut into small pieces)
- 11/2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp cinnamon powder
- 1/4 tsp allspice
- 100g pine nuts
For the filling and base meat:
Check the link below:
For the stuffing kibbeh:
1. Dampen your hands with some water, take a handful of the kibbeh dough (about 2 tbsp) and form into somewhat of an oval-shaped disc in the palm of one hand. Use your finger to make a well in the middle of the disc, and gradually hallow the disc out to make a larger well or hole for the filling.
2. Using a spoon, add about 1 tablespoon of the filling. Seal the dough on top and, using both hands, carefully shape it into an oval (football-type shape).
3. Chill the stuffed kibbeh for 1 hour. (This is a very important step)
4. Preheat the oil, in a pot pan and on a medium heat, fry the kibbeh for 5 minutes.
For the yogurt:
1. Sift the yogurts in a large pot pan, then add the water, starch and salt.
2. Keep stirring without stopping the mixture on a high heat until boiling, then turn the heat down to low so the mixture is just simmering, and until the mixture is attached
3. Add the garlic and the cilantro
4. Drop the kibbeh in the yogurt, cook for 5-10 minutes on medium heat.
5. Place the kebbeh with laban in a serving bowl, let it cool then serve it with rice, as desired.
Bon appetit 😍😋