The path to lasting weight loss is to understand WHY YOU CRAVE WHAT YOU CRAVE
Food cravings are not your enemy when it comes to weight.
Cravings are MESSENGERS that help you understand what your body needs to maintain BALANCE.
They are not a sign of your lack of willpower, self discipline or that something is wrong with you.
We’re meant to BE CURIOUS about our cravings and look for their deeper messages.
They often have very little to do with TRUE hunger.
Cravings have both BIOCHEMICAL AND PSYCHOLOGICAL roots.
Here are the TOP 5 INSIGHTS to help you decipher the BODY WISDOM that comes through your food cravings:
1. NUTRITIONAL DEFICENCY- A lack of healthy fats, B vitamins, nitrogen or magnesium can trigger cravings for cheese, chocolate and carbs.
2. BLOOD SUGAR IMBALANCE - Too many proessed carbs and refined sugars and not enough protein sets you up for cravings more sweets and carbs.
3. NEED FOR DEEPER NOURISHMENT - Food cravings often reflect our lack of primary food such as pleasure, purpose, connection, or love.
4. LACK OF SLEEP - There's a strong link between sleep deprivation and increased appetite and cravings for sweet, salty and calorically dense foods.
5. FIGHT OR FLIGHT LIVING - Chronic stress wreaks havoc on our cortisol and blood sugar levels and predisposes us to use foods to “regulate” our inner emotional state.
, #makepeacewithfood, #mindfuleating, #holisticnutrition, #bodywisdom, #foodcravings, #rootcause, #selfcare, #consciouseating, #listentoyourbody, #nondiet, #diestdontwork